Weapon (shortbow), rare (optional attunement)
In the early days of Equestria when danger still lay around every corner, both the royal sisters recruited their own personal cadre of trained specialists. Princess Luna established the Sagittarii Lunae, the Crescent Moon Archers. Leaders among the Sagittarii were typically druids, rangers, or clerics. Those who were worthy were gifted by the princess with one of the Implements of the Moon. These included the Arcas Lunae: magical shortbows that exemplified the powers of nature, moonlight, exploration, and guardianship.
An Arcas Lunae (Bow of the Crescent Moon) is a finely crafted composite shortbow made from magically-reinforced wood and thin mithril wrappings to provide springiness and resilience. The metal portions are engraved with images of stars, the moon in its various phases, and nocturnal creatures of all sorts. It adds a +1 bonus to your attack and damage rolls made with the shortbow. If you are attuned to the bow, the short range of the weapon increases from 80 feet to 120 feet. In addition, you gain the following abilities while you have the bow in your possession:
- You gain darkvision to a range of 60 feet. If you already possess darkvision, its range increases by 60 feet.
- Once per day, you can use the find familiar spell to acquire a nocturnal familiar such as a bat, ferret, owl, skunk, opossum, or nighthawk.
- Three times per day, you can choose to illuminate one target you hit with an arrow from the bow in the same manner as the faerie fire spell unless they succeed on a Dexterity save. The save DC is 16 or your save DC, whichever is higher. The duration is 1 minute.
- Once per day, you can use the conjure animals spell to summon up to eight creatures of the night to fight for you. Like the spell, you must maintain concentration on the summoning or the creatures disappear. If your GM approves, you can pick a mix of animals rather than all the same type:
- Group A (each counts as 1 toward the 8 total): giant badger, giant bat, giant centipede, giant owl, giant wolf spider, panther, swarm of bats, swarm of rats, swarm of ravens, or wolf
- Group B (each counts as 2 toward the 8 total): black bear or jaguar (stats of panther but 20 HP)
- Group C (each counts as 4 toward the 8 total): brown bear, dire wolf, giant crow (stats of giant vulture), or giant spider
Armor (breastplate, half-plate, or plate armor, or silk robes), rare
In the early days of Equestria when danger still lay around every corner, both the royal sisters recruited their own personal cadre of trained specialists. Princess Celestia established the Comitis Solarium, the Companions of the Sun. Leaders among the Comitis were typically paladins, clerics, or wizards. Those who were worthy were gifted by the princess with one of the Implements of the Sun. These included Radiant Vestments: gleaming white and golden armor or robes that fortify both the body and spirit.
This armor is crafted of the finest steel or silk and weighs 25% less than normal armor of its type. It is adorned with wing, feather, and sun ray motifs. Wearing it marks you as a loyal agent of Princess Celestia.
While wearing this armor (or robe), you resist radiant and necrotic damage, and you have a +1 bonus to all saving throws.